About Riverbend Animal Hospital
Located in Hadley, Massachusetts, Riverbend Animal Hospital is an AAHA-accredited general medicine and surgery practice combined with a referral-surgery service for cats and dogs. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of medical and surgical care to our own patients, as well as to the surgical patients referred here from other veterinary hospitals and animal clinics.
The medical practice looks after the ongoing healthcare needs of our Riverbend patients. Riverbend’s surgery service takes care of the surgical needs of our own patients as well as the surgical needs of dogs and cats referred to us from veterinary hospitals throughout western Massachusetts, northern Connecticut, and southern Vermont. Currently over 70 veterinary hospitals refer their more involved surgeries to Riverbend.
We are dedicated to our vision of an efficient state-of-the art animal hospital — and also to creating an environment that is welcoming, relaxed, and comfortable for our clients and our patients. We are a certified Cat Friendly Practice. This ensures that we also understand the unique needs of cats and have made feline veterinary visits and hospitalizations more cat-friendly.
Our promise to you is to:
- Provide the highest quality medical and surgical care to our patients
- Provide the most advanced surgical services to support our referring veterinarians
- Provide understanding and education to our clients
- Provide an extraordinary workplace for our staff
- Communicate clearly and promptly with our clients and colleagues
- Treat our patients, clients, colleagues, and fellow employees with compassion, honesty, and respect
- Put joy and comfort into the lives of all we touch
- And to do all this in a warm, comfortable, personal setting
We are AAHA-accredited
Riverbend Animal Hospital is also a member of the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), the Massachusetts Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA), the Western Massachusetts Veterinary Medical Association (WMVMA), and the Greater Northampton Area Chamber of Commerce.
Riverbend Rescue is our fund for giving forward. It is a small fund, built by donations from our clients. The money raised is used for helping Riverbend clients with financial challenges and patients with extraordinary needs. Application for use of the fund is reviewed on a case-by-case basis. The existence of this fund reminds us continually of what a committed community of clients we have here at Riverbend.